Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100000

 Jeepy,
It seems like a lifetime ago that you were Lisa's. But she will never let me forget you belonged to her first. But I loved you even then. Those memories of riding shot gun in my sisters new Jeep- music loud windows down (always. even in the rain. windows down, heat on feet) are happy memories.
You were the designated vehicle for me to learn to drive in. (Sorry about that. Also sorry to Kyle's Camry.... Twice.)
All through high school you were part of a car-pool and you fought valiantly through after school traffic, whenever we couldn't sneak out before the end of the day. (Which if we are being honest, was not very often) 
As I packed to leave for college, it was comforting that you were coming with. Remember that first drive up to Logan? The one when we didn't know the way and were a little nervous? The same one we have made countless times now.
And then you helped me impress that Parker kid. Remember how surprised he was when he saw you. He was all  "You drive a Jeep?" and I replied in my nonchalant I'm real cool voice "Of course I do." or something equally as dorky and stuck up.
Things were going great. And then that Parker kid ran you straight into a deer. He felt pretty bad about that one.
I know you got over it though because at the end of freshman year as we drove out of Logan and headed towards Alpine it felt like we were leaving home.... it didn't take long to realize it wasn't the place we were missing.
So we drove up to the top of a mountain, (because you are a champ and can do things like drive up mountains) Parker got down on one knee and 11 months and 2 days later you had a Just Married sign on your back.
You have been there through it all. So when Parker ran into the apartment and said that you were almost about to hit 100000 miles we took you for a little drive so we could roll into 100000 all together.  Because as crazy as it is (almost as crazy as writing a letter to a Jeep) he knew I would be really sad if I missed it. You made it. Survived Lisa, Me, and that incident with Parker and the deer.
 100000 miles- Congrats, you are a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment