Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

You and me both kid.
Did anyone watch this movie or read this book back in the day? I sure did. And I think about it whenever I have a bad day.
Remember how he went to sleep with gum in his mouth and woke up with gum in his hair. And after dropping his sweater in the sink while the water was running he just knew it was going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
I didn't wake up with gum in my hair... but from the time I woke up today I knew it was going to a rough one.
And to be honest it turned out to be worse than I thought.
All Day all I have wanted to do was crawl back in bed... and now it's late and I can't sleep. Figures.
Somedays are just like that. Even in Australia.
But today Parker stepped up to the plate for me and it made me feel really good. It is nice to know I married someone who will always have my back. Silver lining.
So in honor of my bad day I thought I would just post some things that cheer me up... no matter what:

This old song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyS90pdcuw

This sweet post (that is now more than a year old) from a wonderful friend http://nicoleslifeasacollegecougar.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-4thfinally.html

These inspiring words http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng

And this old photo of a man in a chicken costume on a very rainy day. About 7 years ago Lisa and I snapped this as we drove past this poor guy. We wanted it so we could always remember that no matter how bad it gets at least we are not dressed up as a chicken standing in the rain.
I think the real reason this picture always cheers me up is it makes me remember how hard we were laughing as we drove past this chicken about 10 times to get a good picture. And how mad it made him.  Or her... I don't know why we always assumed it was a guy.



***If you don't know about Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day check it out next time you're down, you can watch it on youtube.

2 comments:

  1. Jess I'm so sorry your day was such an awful one. But I loved the things that cheered you up-most especially the guy in a chicken suit. I full on laughed out loud (at work!ah.) when I saw that picture. Heres hoping to a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That chicken about killed me. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete