Monday, May 6, 2013

Appendectomy

Parker got his appendix out yesterday. Everything went really well and he has been a trooper. We spent yesterday afternoon in the hospital watching super hero movies. I got to bring him home last night and so far he just keeps getting better. 

Parker can't help but make friends everywhere he goes. When they took him from the emergency room for surgery every nurse and doctor we passed stopped what they were doing to wish him luck. Everyone knew his name. After the surgery all of the nurses just spoiled him rotten because even with all the pain killers he is still so funny and polite. By the time we were leaving you would have thought we had been there for years. 

My sisters came up so I didn't have to sit in the waiting room all by myself. Which was a good thing. I don't care how routine the surgery is. Sitting in a waiting room while your husband is in surgery is rough. Throw some pregnancy hormones on top of that and it makes for a long painful wait. It was so nice to have them there. Before they went home they cleaned our apartment, did our laundry, and made sure the fridge was stalked with groceries and Parker's favorite powerades. I almost cried when we came home I felt so loved. 

Last night as I was falling asleep I felt so grateful for all of the prayers that had been said for us. It was a really long hard day. But at the end of it all we both felt so blessed. Blessed that the surgery went well. Blessed that we have so many great people in our lives. Blessed that we have each other and a baby boy on the way. 

Parker really struggles with sitting still and letting me take care of him. So wish me luck trying to make him take it easy. Here is to hoping for a smooth recovery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment