Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Blog on The Back Burner

It's been awhile. Pretty close to six months awhile.  But it isn't because I haven't had anything to say. I have had so much to say.
I wanted to sit down and write about how much Jack loves Ella Fitzgerald. For real the kid already has excellent taste in music. I always want to remember late nights in the kitchen swaying back and forth while Ella sang him to sleep. Her voice will forever take me back to footsie pajamas and fuzzy bed head.
I wanted to write about how those bright eyes get more and more curious everyday. How Jack is into everything now that he has the army crawl down.
I thought about writing how much he loves water. Bath time, the pool, spilling it on the tray of his high chair and splashing it all over himself.
I wanted to write about leaving Logan. About how my first night in my freshman dorm I prayed so hard not to be homesick. And how I felt comforted and knew inside that Logan would become home to me. It really did. I wanted to write all about the place I met the love of my life and became a mother. I've been a lot of places, and seen a lot of things, but my two biggest adventures started in Logan.
I thought about writing how Jack likes peas. What baby likes peas? And how he can say dada and not mama.
Mostly I wanted to write all sorts of things about Jack. But I didn't want to take time away from being with Jack. I find myself trying to soak in every.single.second of him. Because he is constantly changing. Growing. Learning. It is all so amazing to be a part of.
Plus I wondered if anyone else cared to read endless blog posts about my son. Or if I should only keep them written down in my heart. Just for me.
I still read blogs even though I haven't been keeping up on my own. It is easy to read blogs on my phone while I nurse Jack. I read blogs by people I know. Blogs by people I don't know. Blogs by people similar to me. Blogs by people very different from me. Parker doesn't get it but, I just love reading about the human experience. When I was little I would sit in the back seat of my parents car and look at all of the cars passing by. I would try to see into their windows, to get a look at who was inside. Who was driving? Who was in the back seat? All those people passing by. They all had names. Families. Dreams. Hardships. Favorite songs. I wanted to know their stories. I guess in a way I still do.
I believe our story deserves to be told. So here I am again blogging. Documenting snapshots of this time with my family. Our day to day proceedings are ordinary. But, to me, everything about this life we share is extraordinary.





No comments:

Post a Comment