Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Whirlwind of a July

So in Utah July is always kind of a blur. We celebrate the birth of our nation on the Fourth of July and then we celebrate our ancestors on the twenty-fourth for Pioneer Day.  My birthday falls between the two. It is a lot of celebrating in one month.
 My birthday was awesome. I didn't want big plans this year, we kept it low key and it was perfect. I spent the day in the backyard kiddie pooling with Jack, my sisters, and a bunch of Jacks cousins. Parker and I went on a quick dinner date, but headed home to spend the evening blowing bubbles and hanging out with Jack and Dax.




The 24th we spent poolside. Jack was thrilled to have a whole extra day with daddy! But last night we had a special family night with my whole family. My Beckstead ancestors settled South Jordan. There is a museum with a replica of their home and a bunch of really cool things. We got to go after hours, just our family so we had the place to ourselves. It was such a fun way to honor our ancestors and get in touch with our roots. 




Great-grandpa Jack, Grandpa Jack, Little Jack 




Then we went to the cemetery where my dads grandfather, his great grandfather, and  his great great grandfather are all buried. 

In other news, Jack is finally sleeping. I am talking consistent naps, and for 10-12 hours at night. It is a whole new world. 


He wants to help me with whatever I am doing. 


He is just getting more and more handsome the older he gets. 


He is driving. … well kind of. 


And Jack is always climbing on me. I feel like I am more jungle gym than mama some days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment