Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Strawberry

Am I the only second time parent that was naive enough to think their second child would be similar to their first??? I knew every child was different… but I figured since they are siblings and everything there would be some similarities!
Almost everything about our Cora June has been unexpected. Back when her feet were still kicking my my ribs I would picture her with a head full of dark hair like Jack had when he was born. I assumed she wouldn't sleep because, Jack never did. I thought she'd wear a permanent frown and spit up all over anyone who came near her. In fact the only trait of Jacks we were sure she wouldn't have were his bright blue eyes.
My darling girl is nothing like her brother. Her wisps of curls are a shade of strawberry blond I never saw coming. She has had more good nights than bad and is already giving us five hour stretches of blissful sleep. She sucks her thumb. She smiles and giggles every time we say her name. Her eyes are of course bright blue.
I am amazed by the differences I see in the two of them every single day. I am even more amazed at how I can love their extreme opposites so completely and equally. I adore that they are different.

Cora June, I love who you are. I love learning all of the little things that make up who you are. I love that I get a front row seat to see who you become. Darling, the world is lucky to have you. Currently you are balding. Don't worry it's very endearing. But just in case it grows back in a different color,  I had to document your light strawberry curls. I have a feeling this will not be the last time you surprise me. With you I think it is safe to expect the unexpected. 






No comments:

Post a Comment