Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Right Now

Hello my forgotten corner of the internet, it's been a hot minute since I've been here.



Right now: Cora June,
Cora, do you want to know a secret? Every morning when I scoop you out of your crib, I walk as slow as I can down the stairs. As soon as I hit the bottom step, your head whirls around seeking out your brother and your dog. But all the way from your crib to the bottom of the stairs, it's just you and me. Some mornings you're already wide eyed and chatting. But your eyes stay on me and you giggle and laugh while you point out my nose and plant slobbery kisses on my cheek.  Other times you're waking up slow. You wrap your arms tight around my neck and rest your head on my shoulder. If I try to pause my steps to soak it all in, you pop your head up and point downstairs and exclaim, "Jack?!" So I keep moving, just slowly. 
You have claimed my lap as your own special seat. If I am sitting down, you are adamant about sitting on my lap. Usually with a book in hand. Because Cora you may look like your dad but, you read like me. You could read book after book, or the same book over and over, all day everyday. Reading to you is one of my greatest joys. 
You are strong willed and determined not to be left behind by your brother, many times giving me a heart attack in the process of keeping up with him. You are busy and wild with the most beautiful eyes. You chat up everyone and everything you come in contact with, you even kiss your bath water and tell it "buh bye" when I pull the drain.
You are a climber, escape artist and wanderer. 
You wear your rain boots everyday.
And we all love you to the moon. 

.  



Right Now: Jack
Jack, thank you for pulling me head first into a world of your own creation everyday. I know sometimes I say, "Not right now" or "Maybe later" but thank you for being persistent until I put down whatever unimportant task I was preoccupied with and play pretend. Inside your imagination is my favorite place to visit. 
Currently your favorite things to say are "Ohhh come on, Mom!"  and to your dad's delight "Cash Money" You also like to say "Many" every chance you get "Look Mom, many cars!" or "Many kids outside!" Occasionally you will take a page out of your dad's book saying "Ok here are your choices, I play computer or I play your phone." I still translate for you sometimes, but you are communicating with others better and better everyday. You have actually become very social and play with friends everyday. 
You still sneak out of your bed at night and into the playroom to play ,"good guys and bad guys". 
You are kind and considerate. Your laugh is infectious.
Netflix gave Jake and the Neverland Pirates the boot but he still holds a prominent place in your heart and consequently holds a significant amount of space on our DVR. 
You hated your first swim lesson, but have agreed to try again. 
Part of me is still in disbelief that you'll start preschool in the fall but I also know you're so ready for it. 
Currently your favorite books is Hiccupotamus, you giggle from cover to cover. 
Sometimes you sing what you're doing as you're doing it. Your dance moves can't be beat. 
You are my 'treasure and adventure today' and everyday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment