Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Somebody

When I was in Jr. High my friend coined the phase "her somebody". In what were rare girly moments for me we would sit on the floor of her bedroom and listen to a collection of Michelle Branch and Mandy Moore and other girly music about perfect boys and horrible break ups. Doesn't sound like me right? Well picture a couple girls painting their nails and doing hair and all that, then picture me sitting in the corner feeling a little awkward pretty bored and usually hungry. But it was there that I learnt the concept of the Somebody. The Somebody is that boy that's out there you probably haven't met yet, but you can never be too sure, he's that boy that might not be perfect but is perfect for you, basically its the somebody who you will someday fall in love with. Stubborn tomboy that I was, I'll  admit, I liked the Somebody theory. 

WARNING- This is going to be one of those blog posts. What can I say I'm engaged!! Beware PDA ahead.... 

I would have never guessed that my Somebody would play football.....
Or that my Somebody would be roughly a foot taller than me and that his hands placed one on top of the other would take up the entire length of my arm from my shoulder to my elbow
There is no way I could have known that my Somebody would be the youngest of an all boy family, just like I am the youngest of an all girl family
I never thought that I would find my Somebody and then have to ask him to wait for me while I studied the things that I love in a place far from home
But I did always know that my Somebody was going to have to be funny. Because, come on, it's me. 
I knew that my Somebody would be my best friend. I just didn't know that we would be best friends from the first night that we met. 
I couldn't have known that after we started dating my Somebody would refer to me as "my girl"... or how much I would like it when he did
I didn't know that my Somebody would find me so soon! I am so glad that he did, because life is just better now that he is in it. 





1 comment: