Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

Parker turned 21 yesterday. I met Parker when he was 18 years old and this is the first birthday I actually got to spend with him. We didn't get to hang out on his 19th birthday and last year I was in London, which meant for the big 20, we skyped.So this was a pretty big deal.
Being poor married students we couldn't do anything to crazy. But we were able to splurge for some Panda and Powerade for a big birthday dinner. And Parker requested Oreo Brownies. So I made them. Which is also a pretty big deal.



We do not have T.V. which = no ESPN. No Sports Center. No Top 10. No Not Top 10. And most important to Parker, No Eagles Games, No College Football.  So as a part of his birthday celebration we spent a lazy Sunday afternoon camped out at my mom and dads watching football. Parker's birthday is also my sister Sarah's birthday. We had a big homemade birthday lunch. Sarah cooks even less than I do evident by when we sat down to lunch my niece Riley said "The more homemade the worse it is" but we proved her wrong it was great! Riley even had seconds.  Later the whole family came over for cake. 
This is the best picture I could get! There were so many kids running around trying to get close to the cake
 Some of you may know how much Parker loves Penguins. It all started with this book. he loved it when he was a youngin. My mom was able to track down a copy on Amazon. He was so excited, and we are going to read it together, so I am excited about it to. Photo Failure, Parker asked an Eagles tie for his birthday, so we found him an Eagles tie and a Phillies tie, but currently do not have photos to post of them. 
Happy Birthday Parker! I love you! I am excited that from now on, I'll be able to be with you on your birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment