Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Happiest Place On Earth

Dear Mr. Disney,
I have visited your Magical Kingdom more times than I can count. As other friends grew older and were drawn away by Six Flags and Knott's Berry Farm, I never felt the desire to go to another amusement park. I never grew out of the magic of Disney Land. I still get butterflies when I walk through those gates and into that world that has such a special place in my heart.



We always go on Peter Pan first. It is a tradition. I never would have imagined as a little girl flying over London in a pirate ship, that someday I would live there. And we always eat soup outside of the Pirates ride. Last time I ate soup there a certain nephew of mine kept asking me if I had kissed a certain football player yet.... little did he know that football player would become his Uncle Parker. Mr. Disney the world you created to this day holds some of my happiest memories. And I am anxious to make more.......  this week Parker and I were invited to your magical kingdom. And we really really wanted to come.


 My sister Jill and her cute kids will be spending a week adventuring with Indie, flying from London to Neverland with Peter, exploring The Haunted Mansion, getting lost in Wonderland, and braving the Matterhorn. We would have loved to join them. If only there was a Real Life Pause Button, so that when you entered this magical world the real one would wait for you. Or if we didn't have school, tests, and other responsibilities .But we do, and so, Walt, you'll have to wait. But we will come someday. And in time we will bring our own little one through those gates to discover the magic for the very first time.
But for now we are home doing homework, and while our little home in Logan Utah may not be widely referred to as "The Happiest Place On Earth"  I've got to tell you, it's not half bad. In fact, it has a pretty special place in my heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment