Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oh, October

Hey there Autumn, it's been a while, you look great.
(parker and i cheering on the aggies in provo)
You know that feeling, when you walk outside in the morning and the air is so crisp that it wakes you up? And you are surrounded by golden leaves that twirl through the air with every little breeze. You can start to sense the contagious excitement felt by children planning their Halloween night. The corn mazes are up and ready to go. You reach to the back of the closet to pull out those beloved sweaters and boots that you just can't wear in the summer heat.  When the New York Yankees and the Phillies are in the MLB PLAY OFFS. (And BOS SOX are NOT), and you are remembering that there is something lovely about football season, life just feels right.

1st of October I love so many things about you. But right at the top of the list, is General Conference.
Last General Conference I was in a room with great friends listening to Conference on a weak internet connection. Parker was with my family and I think besides Thanksgiving it was my most homesick weekend. I am excited to be able to watch it in good ole Alpine this time around.
At conference time I always remember President Gordon B. Hinckley with love. I remember his consul, to Be Still. I love coming together with my family on conference. I look forward to sitting next to my husband and being still. Taking time to ponder and reflect.What a joyous blessing it is to hear the words of God from a living Prophet.
I know that President Uchtdorf was inspired by God when he addressed the Relief Society last Saturday night.I will never be able to look at these small flowers again with out remembering his words, " You are not forgotten." He brought up five things, that every woman can relate to and understand. I know he was inspired, but it also made me think he must really love his wife, and know her very well.
I love how autumn air just seems to breathe excitement. I love how beautiful the mountains look speckled with red and orange. I love that it is time to start planning the holidays.
Oh, October thank you for coming!

1 comment:

  1. JESS!!!!! I was talking to Terra the other day and YOU'RE MARRIED?!!? Congratulations!! You look so happy! I'm so happy for you!!! You, me, and Terra should all go to lunch soon! Anyway, I miss you and I'm happy that you look so great!
    -Christianne

    ReplyDelete