Friday, December 23, 2011

I'll Take Some Tinsel With That Tonsillectomy

My surgery went really well. It was early in the morning so Parker was able to go with me before he had to take a final. I wish I had a picture of his face when they put the iv needle in my hand. He just kept showing me how big of a needle it was, it didn't bother me as much.
just showing off those awesome hospital socks 
 I was a little nervous. Mostly because everyone said how miserable I would be when I woke up. It has been a crazy 10 days.  But I am feeling a lot better.
liquid pain killers.... really nasty stuff 

all my holiday treats 
To be honest the whole thing was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It has taken me a lot longer to start to feel better than I thought it would. Parker has been working so hard to do everything he can to make me as comfortable as I can be. He has been working a ton, had a bunch of finals, and made the drive from Logan to Alpine over and over again. He didn't want me to be all alone at our apartment sick everyday while he was working, so I stayed at my parents. I think he has slept less than I have and he still has been so sweet to me. I am a really lucky girl.
My mom is a saint. I know that everyone says they have the best mom. But mine dropped everything that she had to do right before Christmas for 10 whole days to be there for whatever I needed. That is just how she is. I don't think she will ever stop taking care of us girls. And she is a super grandma. The grandkids love her so much and there isn't anything she wouldn't do for them. Getting my tonsils taken out at Christmas time actually turned out to be a good thing. I have been surrounded by family. Watching Christmas movies, playing games, letting the kids stare down my throat with a flash light. It's been fun to have so much time with family.
I even got to see Nicole who spent an afternoon listening to me all loopy and rambling. The Holidays are all about slowing down remembering what life is really about and being with the people you love. Being sick just helped me slow down a lot.
Sunday night I even felt good enough to go over to my sisters house to see the kids preform a Christmas program and Nativity for my grandparents.

yep snow white was there this year
parker and the nephews playing the wii 


Tomorrow we head to Nevada! It's a long drive but we will leave early enough so that we can spend Christmas Eve with the whole Robertson Family.
I hope you are all enjoying the first part of your holidays.

2 comments:

  1. What? No Victoria Secret presents under the tree in your picture? :) Can't wait to hear about all the fun you're having in Nevada!

    ReplyDelete