Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Things I Didn't Plan

Welcome to the new year. 
While caught up in a whirlwind of goals, resolutions and plans for the next twelve months, I stumbled across an old photo. 

This picture was taken of me just a few hours before I met Parker. 
4 years ago this coming August. 
I look at the girl in this photo and I see the lessons she hasn't learnt yet. The hard decisions she hasn't made yet. The love and heartache she hasn't felt yet. In that moment I didn't know that change was coming, and fast.  I had no idea what life had in store for me. 
And that makes me excited. 
Looking at my goofy smile and short hair reminds me of the possibility that a new year, and new experiences can hold. 
The future is unknown, which usually really scares me. I'm a worrier by nature. 
But so far the things I didn't know, the things I couldn't have planned have been the most wonderful. 

Nice to meet you 2013. 
My plan this year, is to stop trying to plan everything. 

And while I'm posting old photos, here is one of the Mr. 

Look at those sweet wings.



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post, and I love that that picture is the same day you met Parker. Too cute. I can't wait to see what exciting adventures 2013 has in store for you two!

    ReplyDelete