Monday, July 25, 2011

The Celebration of July 22

Birth(day)? Birth(weekend). Just couldn't stop celebrating. 
While we were in Nevada, John and Michelle gave me an air mattress for my birthday.
So we wanted to break it out and use it for my birthday. Logically we went camping/ half camping/ went up the canyon ate dinner played some cards sat by the fire and read ghost stories then headed back home and slept in our living room on the new awesome air mattress. 
The next day we headed down to Alpine where my parents took us to dinner and a movie.
Movie, Captain America (Awesome)
Dinner, Market Street Grill (Favorite) 
Running into Lisa and Ryan (Bonus) 
Getting invited for late night birthday brownies  (Lucky) 
The Princess Theme (Gracie's touch)
 Ryan Lighting the Candles with a Blow Torch (Priceless) 
see fin learning some fire safety tips from his dad
Thank You Pioneers for all that you did for this great state, and Thank You Utah for celebrating all of it on July 24th, exactly two days after the 22nd making it legal for us to light off fireworks on my birthday. Also thank you for finally changing the fire work laws.  
Us about to wake up all of Eagle Mountain with some big loud fire works. 
Next Stage of Celebration:
Family gathering at my favorite breakfast place One Man Band.
Thank You Sarah for my One Man Band T-Shirt. I thought the only way to get one was to work there. It really is a dream come true. Please notice the Party Hats. Wal*Mart I can't say that I am surprised you let me down. Why would you only have Winnie the Pooh First Birthday Party hats? Party Hats are for Birthdays of all ages. Thank goodness you at least had the sense to have some Star Wars stickers in stock. Instead of Pooh holding a balloon that said 1st Birthday we made it so he was holding a string that lead to a picture of Yoda. 
We spent the afternoon playing games and eating Pizza at the Warners. Where we saw some really great performances, including this one: 
This seems like enough birthday to last a whole year but Parker had a surprise planned. We met up with some of my friends and then went Disco Skating. Yes my husband loves me enough to dress up and go roller skating with me. How many girls can say that? It was a lot of fun, and really sweet. 
Yeah... we went all out. Don't I look older and more mature? 
Biggest surprise of all? 
The Hamburger Cake. I always wanted one as a kid and never got one. You were right mom, it really is all frosting.... and it was awesome. 
Last but not least Parker gave me this watch
Thank You Parker, best birthday yet. 

1 comment: