Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nevada

We just got back from visiting Parker's parents in Nevada. It is quite the road trip and for most of the 10 hour drive this is all we see.....
But the drive is well worth it. We love the time we get to spend with John and Michelle. Their home is beautiful and Michelle loves pictures as much as I do so Parker's childhood is spread out over the walls, I love being there. This is a picture of Parker and I walking in their neighborhood. Pretty right? 
They get bear in the back yard! It is the coolest thing. Michelle showed us a video she took (right off their deck) of a mamma bear and two baby cubs. Those cubs were so cute and Parker (who is still disappointed that we can't have a puppy in our apartment) pointed out that our contract says nothing about having a bear as a pet... something to think about. 
Side Note: They have a beagle her name is Casey, she is adorable and when we came in she ran to me before Parker. It's official, I'm part of the family.
My mother in-law is a hiking PRO. I love it when she takes us out on hikes. It is always a blast even though Parker and I get tired and she could go on forever.
This time she took us up part of the Tahoe Rim Trail. 
And it was awesome. 
 These are Snow Flowers, they only bloom right after the snow melts.
There's the lake!



We also made a trip up to Tahoe to tour the old historical mansions. Reminded me of the old movie "Somewhere in Time"  I also got to see the camp ground John grew up going to. He even took Michelle with his family when they were dating. 

After this adventure we went to see Super 8, where I learned that intense movies with suspenseful parts are  really fun when Michelle is there and that Parker and is dad pay really close attention to movie credits.... 

 It is so nice to have another place that feels like home. Michelle and I went out and found the coolest nail polish and she painted my nails (and her own, I warned her of my inability to paint nails) 
Thank You Parker for capturing this action shot:

Kyle and Sarah came for dinner (which was delicious) we were excited to see them. I didn't even think to get a picture. But that night Michelle made Pineapple Upside Down Cake, which I had never tried before. It was good. Really good. So good this is all that was left when I took a picture of it the next morning. 
I am so glad that it worked out we could get a visit in before Parker starts his heavier class load this fall. We are so lucky to have such a fun place to go and family that is so happy to see us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment