Sunday, August 21, 2011

Newly Weds and Empty Nesters

It is a universal truth that the best spot in birth order is last. Those of you out there who are not the youngest (sorry can't win them all) I am sure have noticed the unfair advantages given to your younger siblings. This is one of them. Without the daily duties of having children at home our parents are free to be as spontaneous as we are, which makes for great double dating. 
Last night my parents swung by Logan on their way home from Idaho and on a whim we hit up the Demolition Derby. 


Parker and my mother had never been to a demo derby before. I knew Parker would love it because its basically real life really loud bumper cars, but we were all taken back by how much my mom loved it. This is the woman who went sky diving for her 50th birthday, I guess we shouldn't have been surprised when she suggested that next year we skip the girl run and drive in a derby instead. 



Parker said it was the most fun red neck thing he had ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment