Sunday, August 7, 2011

Run Like A Girl

The "Pink Series" had its Run Like A Girl 10k in LOGAN this weekend. Also this weekend was my sister Jill's 29th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTA. Jill is a runner so this was the perfect family get together to celebrate. This was a first for all of us but Jill. And all of us went into this with high aspiration and goals of training, which none of us met successfully. It's hard for my sisters with all of their kids and all that family stuff going on to jump into this running a lot thing. And it is hard for me because I have...... so many things I would rather be doing that this running a lot thing. But all of us did pretty darn good! 
The Hustons stayed at HOTEL ROBERTSON and Friday night before the race HOTEL ROBERTSON served doughnuts. Lisa and I made sure to wear our headbands so that eating doughnuts could count as part of our training. 
(yes that is grace jumping in the background.) 
Early the next morning... and I mean early... we all met up at the hotel where the rest of my family was staying to catch the bus and be taken a little over six miles away so that we could be dropped off and then run right back to where we started. :)
(yep you called it, pink sweat band totally my idea, THANK YOU all for being so good about wearing them but i mean come on... we look awesome just like i said we would right?)
We started at the mouth of Logan Canyon and we had to wait for a long time (it was freezing) in a tunnel. So here is our pre run huddle. 
it was dark and its hard to see in these pictures but here they are, my best friends, my mom and all my sisters. I love it when we are all together. Even if we are all together in a tunnel at 6 in the morning and it's cold. 
Jill finished 4th place over all and 1st in her age group. Yeah she's pretty cool.The rest of us also crossed the finish line! Yeah we are pretty cool too. Best Part? Parker being at the finish line. Try being the youngest of 4 sisters that are all married and try to not feel like the  (much loved) 11th wheel at family functions. It was great to finish it up and have someone waiting there specifically for me.
(please note the stack of cookies in sarahs hand. sarah, you are the best)
This was our first girl race.. and I don't think it will be the last. It was a lot of fun. Who knows maybe next time I'll even run a little bit before... you never know. 

Beside the race we did other fun stuff too. Went swimming at the hotel, played at the park, the girls went out to Olive Garden and my whole family got to see mine and Parker's apartment.

It really doesn't feel small when it's just Parker and me... but squeeze in a big family like this one and there is not a lot of elbow room. Thanks to some camping chairs given to me but some pretty sweet London girls (thanks nikki and sarah) we were able to add some extra seating, and it was fun to have them all here. 
 Pretty sweet weekend, ran like a girl and loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment