Monday, August 15, 2011

Penguin Encounter!!!!! (and the aquarium)


So first off this is my first blog that I've written. (That's right this blog is written by Parker.) This past Friday Jess took me to the living planet aquarium. After we ate a delicious breakfast at Joanna's Kitchen, which unfortunately we don't have a picture of, it looked like a dive but tasted delicious, we headed to the aquarium. Although we looked at everything they had there we only got a couple of pictures.
Both Jess and i got to pet the sting rays ( we were definitely the biggest kids in the aquarium)
They feel way different than you would think. They kinda felt like a squishy velvet rug.

Then we saw this:
Which is a disgusting tarantula. which raises the question... Why is it at the aquarium???

Okay now for the main part. The coolest thing ever. Something that I've wished i could do since reading the book Mr.Poppers Penguins. THE PENGUIN ENCOUNTER!!
That is the back of the very cool jackets we got to wear cause it was going to be freezing.
We also got to wear these awesome penguin encounter badges, which we wore around the aquarium all day.
After we were prepared for the cold room and watched the safety video it was time to enter the penguin encounter room which was kept at a brisk 40 degrees, which I loved and Jess... didn't enjoy as much.

I can not tell you how awesome it was to be in the same room as penguins! It was so cool! almost all the penguins came into the room at one time or another we got to spend 20 minutes in the room and could take all the pictures we wanted but couldn't touch the penguins, but they could (and did) touch us.

Let me introduce Ghost rider the trouble maker of the penguins, who soon became my best penguin friend.

 This is him resting his head on Jessica's leg and checking her out.

And here he is biting her leather shoe laces... apparently they were chewy and he liked that.

Here is the part where he found that if he went under the bench where i was sitting it could be his own personal cave.

here he is fighting off another penguin from his cave.
and again getting another one out.

I was lucky enough to get a video of him "fighting" one out from under my legs. although it cuts short ghost rider does win.

And finally here he is just protecting his cave.

In the end it was the greatest birthday present ever. It was an early one from my wife. I love her so much i mean she went into a freezing cold room so i could watch penguins like a small child would want to do. I am the luckiest guy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment