Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Best Part So Far


Monday we went in for our first appointment with the doctor. We had an appointment with the nurse a few weeks ago. But that was just to finish my paperwork and have my labs done. To my surprise they weren't going to use any of that blood (and they took a lot) to confirm pregnancy. The nurse asked "Have you taken an at home test?" I said yes and left out the part that I had actually taken four. She told me that that was all the conformation they needed. Okay... But what about the conformation I needed?  She told me at our next appointment we would have an ultrasound.
3 weeks later we came back. 
While we waited for the doctor I was (really) nervous. 
But there was no reason to be. 
We saw the baby right away. Our little one was waving at us and moving all around. 
I thought I would cry. I thought Parker would cry. But we didn't. We just stared at the little image in complete wonder and amazement. We saw the heart, heard the heartbeat. I let out an audible sigh when doctor told us everything looked perfect. 
Perfect. 
 I felt peace and overwhelming gratitude. I could have stayed in that room looking at that screen all day. Watching those little arms move up and down. I couldn't stop smiling.  It was even more amazing than everyone said it would be. 
Parker came home and proudly put the pictures up on the fridge. 
There is no denying it. There is a baby in there.


2 comments:

  1. HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG.
    Good. I'm so excited to start reading everything you've written over the last two years.

    Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am seriously so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good because I read your blog and now I won't feel like a creepy stalker. Thanks so much I am really excited.

      Delete