Tuesday, August 26, 2014

13.1

On Saturday Parker ran the Top of Utah Half Marathon.
He is pretty dang awesome.
And Jack and I are pretty dang proud of him.



Parker had every excuse in the world to back out of this thing. 
When he committed to run the race he had no way of knowing how hectic our lives would become.  Finding time to train was pretty impossible. I find myself trying to down play how sick I've been over the past few months. Because it is kind of embarrassing. And no one wants to be that person who talks about how terrible things are for them. But the truth is it has been ugly and really hard. I am sharing it now to give credit to Parker. He has been holding it all together for our little family. Taking care of me. Taking care of Jack. Working very hard and sleeping very little. All the while never complaining. Never saying no to anyone who asked for help in anyway. I have watched him give and give. He is truly my hero. 
And making excuses and backing out of things just isn't how he is. So he went and ran a half marathon.  In the rain. 
13.1 miles! It is a pretty big deal. 
Parker- You never give up and you never back down. After all the strength you have been lending to me, I am bursting with pride that you found enough to cross that finish line. I hope our son grows up to be just like you. 

Parker's parents and his oldest brother came in to run the race with him. Which was awesome. It made the experience even better and more memorable. 


We really enjoyed the time we were able to spend with family. My little Jack is loved so deeply by so many. I feel so much joy knowing that he has a great group of people to cheer for him, encourage him, support him and look out for him as he grows. You can't have too many people who care about you. 



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Parker! And it's true-many people love Jack! I sure do! But I also love you, and I'm heartbroken recovery has been so hard for you! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete