Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Backyard Camp Out

There are only a couple of things that Parker and I adamantly disagree on.
The first is whether or not presents from a certain big guy who lives up North come wrapped, or put together and set up ready to go by the tree.
The other is camping.
Parker hates camping. Ask him about it. He has a whole speech he will give you.
I love camping. I especially loved it when I was a kid. And I kind of wanted to take Jack this summer. The thing is we really haven't had time. And to be fair to Parker, camping with Jack right now would be a ton of work. But with summer winding down I was feeling the need to squeeze in one more good weather adventure. So I talked to my sister and we decided a Backyard Camp Out was the perfect solution.
We made s'mores, stayed up late talking around the fire and slept in a tent. But we had a kitchen, bathroom and everything we needed for Jack just right inside. It was awesome. Kind of camping is the way to go. For now anyway. Maybe when Jack gets older I will convince Parker that real camping is fun too. I am not holding my breath though.







No comments:

Post a Comment