Monday, August 18, 2014

So Long Sweet Summer

Summer is winding down over here.
I know, I know. It is still August. 
It is still pretty hot. The leaves are still green. 
For the first time no one in my little family is going back to school.
Summer has been so wonderful I am in no rush to leave it behind. 
And still….  
I can't quite explain it, I don't really know why.
But my internal clock is ringing loud to let me know that summer is up. Things just feel different. It's time to get moving. We have some big things to get ready for. Fun things. Busy things. Fall things. 
Jacks first summer couldn't have been better. 
Well ok…. maybe a little less surgery for me… 
But we did so many fun things. 
Afternoons at the pool.  Bubble blowing in the front yard. Trips to the park. A zoo visit.  Fireworks. Cotton Candy. Baseball games. Learning to draw with sidewalk chalk, not eat it. Picnics. A night in a tent. Playing with cousins. Pony rides. Farmers markets. Finger painting. Long walks. Barbecues. 
Saturday we ate a big breakfast up the canyon with a whole bunch of family. Then went to our very first Real Salt Lake game. 
Jack was so tired from such a big day. And maybe from such a big season. It felt like the grand finale of our summer. 
It has been wonderful. I am about to burst I am so excited for all the wonderful things we have coming up over the next little bit.  



That tired face. He really did enjoy the game. He clapped through the whole thing.  He fell asleep the moment we put him in his car seat to take him home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment