Thursday, June 4, 2015

4 Years

When I woke up from my thyroid surgery last July, the first thing I saw was Parker. He was smiling and I knew instantly everything went well. I was still kind of out of it and just felt so peaceful knowing he was there. But then all of the sudden it hit me. I had to pee. So so so so bad. Pretty sure those were the first words out of my mouth. Parker tried to tell me just to rest for a minute, I think he thought I'd fall back asleep. But my bladder felt like it was going to explode. That crazy painful about to pop feeling. I was insistent saying I had to go immediately. Parker poked his head out into the hall and asked a nurse if I could get up to go to the bathroom. The nurse came in and said I absolutely could not walk yet. I felt like I was going to cry and pee my pants. Parker must have been able to tell by the look on my face because without saying anything else he scooped me up out of the bed and told the nurse I didn't have to walk, he'd carry me.
Why am I sharing this embarrassing story with way too many details about my bladder on my four year anniversary? Because Parker is my hero in every way. Because he loves me so much he would do absolutely anything for me. Including carrying me to the bathroom. Because he makes my life awesome even just after surgery, or when the car breaks down, or when we are folding ten loads of laundry. Because when I can't walk, he will carry me. Every time.  I am so lucky to have him.  




Four years of marriage. One son. One daughter on the way. Parker Robertson, it just keeps getting better and better. Thank you for being my better half. You are the love of my life and my very best friend. Every time my phone rings I still hope its you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment