Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cribs are for Babies

Our little girl is going to need the crib this fall. So her big brother needed to upgrade to a big boy bed. We wanted to do it early on so that it wasn't another huge change for Jack ( and us ) in October.
Jack and I put the bed together, together. He was a ton of help….. But I am so glad he was involved because he was so excited when it was finished. We put his new dinosaur bedding on and he took a nap in it that day! 
The transition has been way easier than we thought it would be. And he has only fallen out of bed once. I guess he was ready. Little guy is growing up. Originally I was having a hard time kicking him out of the crib. But I have to admit, tucking him into his new bed has become one of my favorite things. He kneels by it to say his prayers and my mama heart explodes. So far all he has needed is a couple minutes of back patting and he is sound asleep. When he wakes up we just put him back in bed and so far it has been working. Fingers crossed we can settle into a really nice routine. 
His room is a mess right now because the crib has not be taken down yet. But I am really excited to put it all together. I have some really fun things planned for him. 







No comments:

Post a Comment