Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June Lake 2015

If you spend any amount of time with my Robertson family, you will hear June Lake stories. It is the backdrop of Parker's favorite childhood memories. Robertson's have been vacationing there for generations. And after my first official June Lake trip, I totally get it. Because it isn't really about fishing. It's about family.
Here are the highlights.
Jack threw rocks. All the time. It is all he wanted to do. Throw rocks and play dinosaurs. He LOVED the fish. He seriously tried to kiss the first fish he saw caught. He loved watching them swim away after. "Byeeee ishh" Jacks Grandma caught the most fish. Aunt Sarah caught a bunch too. Parker caught one and I did not catch anything. I did finish my book though. We fed mini marshmallows to giant fish, something that Parker loved doing growing up. Jack fell into the lake. He was throwing rocks and just tumbled in head first. It was super shallow right off shore and he popped right up, made sure he still had his rocks in his hands, and just kept throwing. Parker took good care of him. I couldn't stop laughing.  Jack went on a boat for the first time. He spent his time looking over the side and sleeping. And he helped Uncle Kyle drive. We ate at the Silver Lake Cafe where the waitress recognized Parker and his parents. She has been serving Park the same breakfast plate since he was a little boy.
We loved being able to spend time with our family. Jack loves to snuggle his grandpa, play with his grandma and anytime Uncle Kyle laughs Jack busts up laughing too. We can't wait to do it again with our baby girl in tow!!

Here are one billion pictures of our June Lake Family Vacation 2015 because it was just that good:









































A huge thanks to my in-laws who made this trip so wonderful for my little family. I feel like a real Robertson now that I have June Lake memories of my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment