Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Little Fish

This is the story of how in one day, at 30 weeks pregnant, I had to jump into two different bodies of water to get Jack. Total Mom Fail. 
Saturday morning we headed up the canyon for a big family breakfast. We do it once a year, every August, in memory of my moms dad. Jack had a blast. Although we had a hard time keeping him out of the river at first. I was standing right next to Jack to make sure he wouldn't fall in, I didn't anticipate him jumping in voluntarily. That particular part of the river was shallow and slow moving (not pictured). I was right there and went right in after him and the water was below his knees. But I had to wrestle him out because he wanted to stay in and swim. We were both soaked. Jack is actually a pretty obedient kid, he likes to test out all the limits, but when we tell him no he gets the hang of it. So after a rough start it ended up to be a really fun morning throwing rocking into the river, not trying to swim in it. 






Jack and I spent the afternoon poolside while Parker golfed. Let me start by saying that Jack knows the difference between the shallow kid pool and the deep pool. He knows he can walk right into the kids pool. But he knows that the other one is deep. Usually he will hold my hands and want to stick his feet in. Well without warning Jack sprinted from the kids pool to the deep pool and just jumped in. Didn't pause for a single second. I was seriously only half a step behind him. But he jumped so far out I had no choice but to jump in right after him. He was completely under the water but only for half a second. The craziest part? He didn't even cough, not once. He totally held his breath. He didn't cry at all either. It happened so fast, it really wasn't scary. Sarah was even snapping pictures after.





This whole no fear thing is totally getting out of hand. Pretty sure swimming lessons are in order. Life jackets too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment