Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Window Displays at Macys

I have a confession. We cheated. I am very strict on the Christmas-celebrations-do-not-start-until-after-Thanksgiving rule. But we made a very big exception and spent last night downtown at City Creek.

When I was a little girl we lived in the big SLC. Every single year my family would go and see the windows at ZCMI. They were wonderful and magical and best of all, made from candy! So when Parker told me that Macys was continuing the tradition, I knew we had to go.  Last night was the night and my parents and Hustons decided to join us.
They were all Christmas tree ornaments, and they spun around. The top right one is a picture of Salt Lake City. And yep that is a candy depiction of the Temple. It is not every day you see a jelly bean version of where you got married.

I don't know if they are really spectacular or if I was just in bliss on memory lane. But it was a blast.


Gracie and Fin seemed to think they were pretty great. 


My mom and I in matching Red and Green sweaters. 


We even stopped in at Lambs Cafe for some Coco. If you haven't been to Lambs... you should. You really should. 

Since we had already broke the Thanksgiving-Christmas rule Lisa took her kids to meet Santa. There was no going back after that so we listened to Christmas music on the way home.

Maybe I am not such a scrooge after all. How could I be? Parker is the biggest fan of Christmas I have ever met. Now all we need is some snow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously I love that you guys did this! I love city creek, I love christmas, I love you! What a wonderful combination.

    Lambs cafe? Where? What? I've never been! Text me about it!!

    ReplyDelete