Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Family Night: Thankful Tree

I LOVE this time of year. Thanksgiving is the best. What a great reminder to slow down and count our blessings.  We started a new tradition this year that I am really excited about. Jack is way too young to understand what is going on but we included him anyway. Hopefully in a couple of years he will really like it! For family night we made our first ever Robertson Family Thankful Tree.
We cut out a tree and leaves from construction paper. Let me tell you it looks pretty snazzy. First we put our tree tree on the wall. Then we spent all evening writing down things we are thankful for on the leaves and hanging them on the branches. We helped Jack hang some leaves with things we know he is pretty thankful for.
It turned out looking like this:




We made sure to hang it high enough that someone couldn't pull it down. It is a patchwork of badly cut construction paper but I love it so much.  I can't look at it and not smile. We really have so much to be thankful for! I am planning on doing this every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment