Friday, November 21, 2014

The Tree is Up


I used to be very set on absolutely no Christmas- anything until after Thanksgiving. Then I met Parker. The tree is up. We have already watched White Christmas several times. There has even been Christmas music. It is all in full swing over here. They talked me into it. It seems Parker's love for all things Christmas is hereditary. To be completely honest… I am pretty happy about it. Maybe these two are making my Grinch heart grow a few sizes.
I guess it all works out though. Because as we decorated the tree as a family, I felt pretty thankful.
We are all geared up for round two of the holidays with Jack. He was so itty bitty last year, this year is going to be a lot more fun. I'll probably say the same thing for the next several years. Until he gets all teenagery. Last Thanksgiving he sat and slept on my lap through all of dinner. I have a feeling he won't be quite as well behaved this year.
Parenthood is really fun. I mean it.  All the warnings people tell you are true. It is hard and you have to make sacrifices and it is a huge responsibility. But parenthood is so much fun. Marriage is fun. Being a family is fun. Anything in this life that is worth having is going to require "hard work". But it can still be fun, and bring so much joy and laughter.
I hope I can always remember decorating the tree with these two. Their excitement. It was wonderful. We really do have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment