Friday, January 30, 2015

Second Generation Bed Hog

This is a very early morning selfie taken with the flash and believe it or not Jack was laughing about the bright light.
A few nights ago Jack woke up and was soaked. When he can't fall asleep he drinks a ton of water before bed and no diaper can stand up to that level of hydration. So into bed with us he came.
I arranged it so we all had just enough room and let me tell you it was a snug fit. You can see the edge of the bed in the picture, but we all fit. I was surprised at how quickly Jack fell back asleep and for a while I just laid there soaking in a rare moment where everything was still and we were all together.  I was just drifting back to sleep when Jack roller over and climbed around until he was laying across me.  Having a baby sleep on your chest is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. Having a toddler sleep on your chest is not. His head was on my neck, his knees were in my stomach, his hand was on my face, he was drooling and sweating and wiggling.
I am laughing as I type this picturing how hard my mom will be laughing when she reads this. And I know she'll say I deserve it. As a child I was a notorious bed hog. I could not fall asleep unless someone was with me, and I always put my hand on their face so I would know if they left. I guess I do deserve a few nights of being kicked and smothered and waking up with the soreness that comes from sleeping on the edge of the bed.
Mother I snapped this picture for you so that you can know that the world is just and what goes around really does come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment