Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What motherhood has taught me about Love.

Parenthood is getting puked on. Anyone who tells you differently is lying.  


Motherhood is chasing around a tiny human begging them to let you clean their bum. At some point its like- Hey Jack I am the one elbow deep in your stink why am I consoling you? I promise holding still long enough for a diaper change won't hurt you. It isn't always pretty. 
Parenting is not for the faint of heart. 
But I have learnt that love deepens at three a.m. when your newborn is wide awake and hungry. Love grows when your baby is cutting a tooth and requires all day  rocking. Love comes alive when your toddler gives you a challenging day and yet you miss him terribly once he falls asleep for the night. 
True love is when you are covered in puke and still loving.



No comments:

Post a Comment