Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pumpkin Picking

Yesterday we picked out our pumpkins and had some fall themed family fun.
We watched a pig race. And a goat race. Parker won a prize.
We rode a cow train pulled by a tractor.
We slide down big slides.
We ate funnel cake and Jack discovered the wonder that is fried dough.
We let Jack pick out his own pumpkin. He wanted a wide flat one. We could not interest him in any other pumpkin. And there were so many pumpkins. So we brought home the one he chose and I am glad we did because he keeps giving it hugs today.

"The family that plays together stays together." Sometimes we all have to get in on the fun.








Parker met us straight from work. Most of the night he was the man behind the camera. He pulled Jack all over in that little wagon. And Jack loved it. 
And when he wasn't in the wagon he was running away. This is our life lately. Jack runs, we chase. 

Here are our pumpkins all lined up at home. 



I think I am going to let Jack paint his. Don't worry I will post pictures. If you don't know, Parker gets really really into carving pumpkins. He has done some pretty cool ones over the past few years.  I am pretty excited to see what he comes up with. 
It was a beautiful evening with great company and nice weather. I love this time of year. I really do.  I love the L.M. Montgomery quote you see floating around this time of year because Anne said it best, 

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers"-
Anne Of Green Gables 


No comments:

Post a Comment