Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Dragon Suit

I had really great intentions of making Jack a "Wild Thing" costume because he adores the book Where The Wild Things Are. But … I am lacking certain skills oh and a sewing machine. So maybe some year down the road. Maybe. But this year we settled on a costume from Costco. And I have to tell you, I feel pretty great about that decision. 
We were standing by the costumes and I was trying to decide between a dog and a monkey when Jack Vincent got a hold of the bright green Dragon costume. I know I could have taken it away and a while later he wouldn't have remembered. But he was so excited. Even though I thought it was random and well kind of dorky we went with it. 
He wears it everyday. 
He knows that I keep it in the bottom drawer of his dresser. He will pull it out and I will help him put it on. Sometimes he only wants to wear the feet and the head. But he really loves wearing it. He wants to wear his dragon suit and play on his rocking horse. He wants to wear his dragon suit and chase Daxter.  He wants to wear his dragon suit to sit and read the book Dragons Love Tacos. He wants to wear his dragon suit and watch Elmo.
He would sleep in the dragon suit if we let him. 
I love my little dragon. 
He was pretty excited to wear the dragon suit out and about for our Halloween test run. We met up with some cousins to see some pretty spectacular witch displays and Jack had a blast. He loved all of the kids is costumes. Halloween is going to be so much fun. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment