Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Walking Side by Side

There has been a big change since Jack started walking. Or maybe it has been happening slowly and I just couldn't see it clearly until he was walking. Either way everything just feels different.
I used to feel like I would take Jack places. And he would sit on my hip and be adorable. But now I feel like Jack and I go places together. We hold hands and walk around side by side.  I used to feel like it was time to feed Jack lunch. And now I feel like it's time for Jack and I to eat lunch together. All of the sudden it went from me watching Jack play to playing with Jack
It really isn't just the walking. He is so interactive lately. He still isn't saying real words but he has no problem communicating. He went through some massive crazy growth spurt and just looks older
There is no doubt we have crossed over the line from baby to toddler. 
I didn't know it would feel like this. Like all of the sudden instead of having a little baby I have a little buddy. It is pretty dang awesome.  When he took off walking it didn't just change how we got to from point a to point b. The dynamic between us changed.
Part of motherhood for me has been a lot of wondering. Wondering how I'll handle situations x y and z. Wondering how I will feel when this or that happens. I often wonder how I will feel when Jack is grown. 
My mom is always telling me that each phase gets better and better. Children become more and more fun as they grow. And I really believe her. The reason why a squishy little newborn is so precious is because you can sense all of the great potential in that tiny little being. 
I feel really good about Jacks literal first steps towards independence.
Now I can wonder a little less. I know a little bit more about how I handle this whole mom thing. I am not going to be the mom that tears up at every milestone. And I'm ok with that.
I love that he is walking. I love that he is enjoying new things. I love seeing what he drawn to and where he goes when he wanders off.
Plus he was kind of getting heavy.





No comments:

Post a Comment