Friday, May 15, 2015

Ketchup on Everything

Jack still loves ketchup. He would dip anything in ketchup. I'm serious. The other day he came out of the pantry with these giant ketchup bottles, ready to party.


We go on a bike ride once a day. Rain or shine. He is really getting the hang of steering. His feet almost reach the pedals now. I think by the end of summer I'll be able to stop pushing him.
The other day he did a kind of plank and an almost push up for his morning work out. Then he just laid on the floor for a long time because sort of working out is exhausting.






He abruptly decided that he is too old for a highchair. He eats at the table just like everyone else. It is a way bigger mess but totally worth it because he is so much more pleasant at meal time. 



Too old for a highchair, but don't worry he still carries that stuffed dog we call "Leroy" around everywhere. Leroy eats with us, comes to the store with us, and absolutely has to be there at bed time.
A few days ago I took my eyes of Jack long enough to sneeze. He ran into the bathroom, dunked Leroy in the toilet and then ran back into the kitchen dripping water everywhere. When I took the sopping wet Leroy from him and put him in the washing machine Jack stood in the laundry room and sobbed. I am kicking myself for not buying an extra Leroy for emergencies. 
Jack loves his real dog too, although not nearly as much. At least once a day I laugh at myself that I ever worried about Daxter being too rough with Jack. That poor dog. He is such a great sport. 
I hope our Little Robertson comes out with some thick skin ready for some big hugs. We are really working on being "gentle" … You can see how well it's going. 


Little baby in my belly is kicking away night and day. Just like big brother, always on the move.
These small moments make up our very best days. I never want to forget the time Jack dunked Leroy in the toilet. Or that from the time he could eat solids he wanted to have ketchup on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment